Saturday, March 3, 2012

Sigh

Wow. It's been over 2 months since I've written anything for my blog.
I guess its about time for a little update.

First the good news. I think we are hitting our stride with this home education thing for the most part. I'll try to write more about what we've been doing in another post.

Now the bad news. My husband lost his job two weeks ago.


Now the worse news. We have absolutely no income whatsoever. His unemployment claim has been disputed by his employer, and he will have to appeal. I won't go into detail on my blog about the circumstances of his getting canned, but it was totally unjustified what they did to him.

Not only that, but because he was dismissed, it is going to be harder for him to get another job doing "that thing" he does for a living.

Apparently in the industry he works in, it is easier for these companies to overlook a FELONY in someone's background than being recently fired - some of them don't even want to know the circumstances. They just outright let you know not to bother applying.

And there aren't that many fields that he is qualified or experienced in especially with the Unemployment Rate still hovering near 10% around these parts.

But there is a little hope. (Ok, I know that with God- there is always hope) I have been on the internet filling out job applications with him since the day he was let go. Yesterday, he finally got a phone call from one of companies that I had sent his resume to just an hour or so before. He had a phone interview this morning. I think the being fired thing is ok with them. There are other candidates for the position he applied for, but they asked him if he would be willing to take another assignment instead if he doesn't get that one. I'm trying to think positive thoughts.

We're not out of money just yet, but we are totally living on faith at the moment. We got his final paycheck this week, and we pretty much live from paycheck to paycheck. This is a scary place to be.

Even so, it has been good to have my husband home with us the past two weeks. We didn't get to spend much time together at that other job over the last 20 months. For the most part, he was either at work or asleep.

So for now, I'm wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' and prayin'...and I would appreciate your prayers too.

2 comments:

  1. Praying with you! We went through this situation in 2008. It was a scary time, but we made it through. I'm believing you will too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Danielle! Yeah, we went through it in 2008-2010 too b/c of lay-offs. Stupid economy!

    Good news- he did get hired with a place last week. Not so good news- orientation isn't until the 18th! :gah: Pray that everything works out with that. I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. Comments are always welcome and appreciated. I promise not to make you do a word verification!

125 x 125 SQUARE