Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My Prophetic Dreams - part 1

The first time I had a prophetic dream was about 13 yrs ago. It was shortly before my Granny passed away. She was in her 80's when her time came. Granny and I were very close. I was her favorite. (She told all 16 of her Grandkid's that they were her favorite, but I knew I was special because I was named after her and she practically helped raise me. She called me her girl.)

I have forgotten some of the details since I had this dream, but I remember the important part.

In my dream all my aunts, uncles, and cousins were planning my Granny's funeral. I remember they had every detail planned down to the day and the hour. They were sitting in a room like they were waiting for the service to start. I was upset because I was doing my best to make them understand that she was not going to show up because she was still alive. Eventually some of them went outside the room to wait, but most of them just sat there.

Real Life: After waking, I still remembered every detail of this dream. The next time I saw my Mom, I told her all about it. A few days to a week or two later, I got a phone call at work from my Mom telling me that Granny had been rushed to the hospital from the nursing home with congestive heart failure. She had what they were calling a death rattle, and everyone said that was a definite sign that she wouldn't be with us very long. The doctors said to call the family in and gave her less than 24 hours.

My very large family sat at the hospital all night taking turns going into her room 4 or 5 at a time to be with her in her final hours and to say our goodbyes. There were at least 30 or 40 of us there at the hospital.

My aunts, uncles, and cousins gathered and began making funeral arrangements. They decided that if she did indeed die on x day, the funeral would be on x day. They decided who was going to go buy her some funeral clothes, and  if I remember correctly, one of my uncles even contacted the funeral home to make it official. (Almost EXACTLY like it played out in my dream!)

My Mom was the one who had been taking care of Granny for the most part ever since I could remember, so she was there with Granny the whole time. She told Granny that it was ok to go. She let her know that we would all miss her very much, but it was ok... Granny who was all of 4-foot-11 and stubborn as a mule, got that look in her eyes, yanked off the oxygen mask, looked directly at my Mom and said through her death rattle, "I AIN'T GOING!!!"

Well, the next day, she was miraculously doing a lot better. The doctor came in the room during his rounds and could not believe she was still with us. He let us know that if she wanted to fight it, he would fight it with her.

The details about this next part are all fuzzy now, but I remember there was a pattern. She would get worse; the doctor would tell us this was the end, and the next day she would be miraculously improving by the time the he came in -- just to prove him wrong. Because that's the way Granny was!

At some point during the next 24-48 hours, at two distinct times she had a stroke which left her paralyzed on one side of her body and unable to swallow, and also came down with double pneumonia. So each time, they let us know that it wasn't going to be long and called the family back in.

The next day, she was showing signs of improvement. 

She was eventually moving her leg and her arm that had been paralyzed by the stroke, and regained her ability to swallow. The doctor said in disbelief that these changes were not supposed to be happening that quick-- if at all! He said that had never seen anything like it, and he threw his hands up in the air. He told us he was not making any more predictions, and that God obviously was putting him in his place.

I remember most of my family spending days at the hospital not sleeping and not wanting to go home, because we wanted to be there with her when the end came. After all they told us it was eminent. But Granny didn't want to go, so she wasn't going! I was afraid of losing my job, so I decided to go back to work. My Mom promised me that she would call me if there was any change.

About a week or so later, Granny got well enough to go back to the nursing home. She had been back there for about a few days to a week before her only kidney shut down and she passed away. I was at work when it happened, but God had that planned too. My aunt had gone home to get some rest. Her house was close to my job, so we rode out to the nursing home together. We comforted each other on the way there.

The day Granny passed away, I realized that God had sent me that dream giving me just enough to let me know that He was there and He was in control. And of course to prepare me for what was about to happen. Because of this, I also knew that I knew that I knew that she was in Heaven, and and that Heaven was indeed a real place. There was no question in my mind. I believe God also used this dream to bring me back to Him, because although I was saved, I wasn't living like it at the time.


Little did I know that I would have this same type of dream two more times shortly before He would call someone close to me home.

___________________________________________________________________

To be continued...

2 comments:

  1. Fascinating. But scary too. How do you feel when you have these dreams? Can't wait for the next part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, its getting kinda scary. I don't really feel any different when I have these dreams than others. It usually has been easier for me to remember the details long after waking up compared to *most* of my other dreams.
    But I don't realize they were those type of dreams until the events play out. So weird!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. Comments are always welcome and appreciated. I promise not to make you do a word verification!

125 x 125 SQUARE