Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I CU


Intensive Care for The Christian Unschooler



This week we want to…”
  • spend some time in the pool. 
  • finish reading The Story Book of Science.
  • listen to some audio books. 
  • catch up on our TV shows. 
  • be spontaneous.
  • find answers to questions.
  • figure out how things work.
  • laugh. Giggle. Be silly.
“The kid is….”
  • learning more about building and scripting on Roblox. (What else is there?) 
  • realizing that he needs to learn to manage his money better.
  • asking tons of questions.
  • becoming more cooperative.
  • growing up too fast.
“I am learning….”
  • more about myself and what I believe about education.
  • more about being a Godly mother. I'm on week 3 of The Ministry of Motherhood with some awesome girls in my GoodMorningGirls summer book club.
  • more about God's grace.
  • more about Unschooling. The book, Christian Unschooling: Growing Your Children in the Freedom of Christ by Terri J Brown is waiting at the library for me.
“I am struggling with…”
  • finding the balance between doing too little and doing too much because of my neck problems.
  • letting my husband know how much I appreciate him taking up my slack and working a full time job.
  • getting my house clean. I'm not talking about REALLY SUPER clean, but clean enough to be presentable. 
  • I'm constantly struggling with the frustration of not being able to do the things that I used to do and guilt over everything that I feel like a mother should be able to do that I can't do.
  • consistently getting enough sleep. Hubby has a strange work schedule, Padawan has a circadian rhythm from another planet, and I have a tendency to be a night owl. 3 people..3 different sleep patterns. It would be so nice to have some kind of rhythm in the house ?again? - if there ever was one.
  • Spending too much time researching and socializing on the internet.
“This week is the first time….”  I have linked up with the I CU meme!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome Jen! I totally understand the sleep thing-- is crazy in our house, especially since my husband's sleep has never been at a consistent time. Also know all about the balance and frustration of not being able to do. Pray about it, then do what is next. The rest isn't important right now and can wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jen, I feel like I could have written this post. So many of the things you are struggling with are also things that I am struggling with. I love that you are wanting to catch up on your tv shows... that is one of my things... a love of tv. And I have a hard time finding balance between being too relaxed and too controlling. It's a constant battle. I hope that one day it's easier! Glad to meet you. I'll be following now. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you the best in allowing the Lord to show you what you are to get done in a day, not what other gals do in a day, but what you are to do. *smile* In the rhelm of scocializing on the internet, I too enjoy my time on here, but I find that I do better if I don't start my day here. *smile* I also turn off the computer to make it more inconvient for me to just "pop" on "real quick" as if checking things out here is ever real quick. *smile/sigh* Have a great day growing in God and learning what His best is for you and your family. *smile* Sincerely, Mommy of two little blessings & so much more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mandy! Glad to meet you too!

    @Mommy of Two Little Blessings...thanks for your well wishes! IKWYM about "popping" on usually not being "real quick". lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. Comments are always welcome and appreciated. I promise not to make you do a word verification!

125 x 125 SQUARE